Indian Independence Day is a moment of great pride for every Indian citizen; we celebrate it with great pomp & shows. Double your celebration, we have brought Independence Day quotes that you can share with pictures on social media. Independence Day in India is celebrated on August 15 with great enthusiasm and gaiety because on August 15, 1947, India got freedom from the slavery of the British.
We dedicate this day to India’s freedom fighters, great leaders, and many people who sacrifice their lives to get freedom from British rule. Soon after Independence, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru became the first Prime Minister and hoisted the tricolor flag first at the Muzad Red Fort New Delhi.
Every year, the Indian Prime Minister hoisted the national flag on the Red Fort & address the nation. All government, private office, school, college, bank, post office, etc. remained closed.
Besides this, schools, colleges, and public places hoisted the tricolor flag and organized other competitions. That is why we have got exclusive Independence Day Quotes that go well with your photo and the tricolor flag.
Do you why we celebrate Independence Day? It was a day when we got complete freedom from British dictatorship. We all remember all our freedom fighters and people who’re contribution is of utmost importance; without them, it won’t be possible. Apart from this, Independence Day celebrations in several countries, but date and time are different. In the United States, Independence Day is celebrated on July 4, people are celebrating with a fireworks show. No matter which country you live in, you will need motivational Independence Day quotes to greet your family, & friends.
Must Read : Famous Spider Man Far From Home Quotes
Independence Day Quotes
- A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom. – Bob Dylan
- After overcoming all obstacles and challenges, our nation has achieved prosperity. Happy Independence Day!
- All we have of freedom, all we use or know – This our fathers bought for us long and long ago. – Rudyard Kipling
- Apparently, I’ve acted like a terrorist. But I’m not a terrorist. – Mahatma Gandhi
- As eagles soar, freedom more, life be free for all. – Roger W Hancock
- Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country. – John Fitzgerald Kennedy
- At the dawn of history India started on her unending quest, and trackless centuries are filled with her striving and the grandeur of her success and her failures. Through good and ill fortune alike she has never lost sight of that quest or forgotten the ideals which gave her strength. – Jawaharlal Nehru
- At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom. A moment comes, which comes but rarely in history, when we step out from the old to the new, when an age ends, and when the soul of a nation, long suppressed, finds utterance. It is fitting that at this solemn moment we take the pledge of dedication to the service of India and her people and to the still larger cause of humanity. – Jawaharlal Nehru
- Better to die fighting for freedom then be a prisoner all the days of your life. – Bob Marley
- Better to starve free than be a fat slave. – Aesop
- Citizenship consists in the service of the country. – Jawaharlal Nehru
- Constitution is not a mere lawyers document, it is a vehicle of Life, and its spirit is always the spirit of Age.
- Delhi Chalo and Tum Mujhe Khoon Do main Tumhe Ajadi Doonga. – Subhas Chandra Bose
- Enjoy the peace your valor won. Let independence be our boast, Ever mindful what it cost; Ever grateful for the prize, Let its altar reach the skies! – Joseph Hopkinson
- Even if I died in the service of the nation, I would be proud of it. Every drop of my blood… will contribute to the growth of this nation and to make it strong and dynamic. – Indira Gandhi
- Everyone has a dream sensing liberation. Even the strictest dictator would want freedom. – Fedeline Wiarta
- For some days, people thought that India was shaking. But there are always tremors when a great tree falls. – Rajiv Gandhi
Best Independence Day Quotes
- For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others. – Nelson Mandela
- Fourscore and seven years ago, our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal
- Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed – else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die. – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Freedom is never dear at any price. It is the breath of life. What would a man not pay for living? – Mahatma Gandhi
- Freedom is never dear at any price. It is the breath of life. What would a man not pay for living? Happy Independence Day!
- Freedom is never given; it is won. – A. Philip Randolph
- Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. – Ronald Reagan
- Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Freedom is not worth having if it does not connote freedom to err.
- Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better. – Albert Camus
- Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. – Pericles
- Freedom lies in being bold. – Robert Frost
- God Give Us Peace Without Peace We Are Without Freedom ― Ellen J. Barrier
- God give us peace without peace we are without freedom. – Ellen J. Barrier
Independence Day Sayings
- He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself. – Thomas Paine
- How can one be compelled to accept slavery? I simply refuse to do the master’s bidding. He may torture me, break my bones to atoms and even kill me. He will then have my dead body, not my obedience. Ultimately, therefore, it is I who am the victor and not he, for he has failed in getting me to do what he wanted done. – Mahatma Gandhi
- Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country. – Marquis de Lafayette
- I am lucky to have been born in this great land. I am proud that I am an Indian. Happy Independence Day!
- I believe that the civilization India evolved is not to be beaten in the world. Nothing can equal the seeds sown by our ancestors, Rome went, Greece shared the same fate; the might of the Pharaohs was broken; Japan has become Westernized; of China nothing can be said; but India is still, somehow or other, sound at the foundation. – Mahatma Gandhi
- I belong to a land that has a rich history and culture that is more than 5,000 years old. Proud to be an Indian. Happy Independence Day!
- I feel that the constitution is workable, it is flexible and it is strong enough to hold the country together both in peacetime and in wartime. Indeed, if I may say so, if things go wrong under the new Constitution, the reason will not be that we had a bad Constitution. What we will have to say is that Man was vile. – B.R. Ambedkar
- If I were asked under what sky the human mind has most fully developed some of its choicest gifts, has most deeply pondered on the greatest problems of life, and has found solutions, I should point to India. – Max Mueller
- If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. – George Orwell
- If the deaf are to hear the sound has to be very loud.
- If there is one place on the face of earth where all the dreams of living men have found a home from the very earliest days when man began the dream of existence, it is India. – Romain Rolland
- If yet your blood does not rage, then it is water that flows in your veins. For what is the flush of youth, if it is not of service to the motherland.
- In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved. – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Independence Day Quotes and SayingsOur nation is like a tree of which the original trunk is swarajya and the branches are swadeshi and boycott. – Subhas Chandra Bose
- Independence Day Quotes in HindiSalutations to our brave soldiers who guard our borders to ensure that we sleep peacefully. Happy Independence Day!
- India conquered and dominated China culturally for 20 centuries without ever having to send a single soldier across her border! – Hu Shih
- India has two million gods, and worships them all. In religion all other countries are paupers; India is the only millionaire. – Mark Twain
- India is the best country in the world and will always remain so. Happy Independence Day!
- Indian Independence Day MessagesThe essential thing in religion is making the heart pure. The kingdom of heaven is within us but only pure heart can see the ‘king’! – Bhagat Singh
- It’s been more than two centuries since our grandparents won our first and most crucial battle, but we still can feel the taste of freedom and independence. It is something we will cherish until the end. Happy Independence Day!
- Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty. – John F. Kennedy
- It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. – Samuel Adams
Short Quotes On Independence Day
- Injustice in the end produces independence.
- Let freedom never perish in your hands. – Joseph Addison
- Let freedom reign. The sun never set on so glorious a human achievement. – Nelson Mandela
- Let new India arise out of peasants’ cottage, grasping the plough, out of huts, cobbler and sweeper. – Swami Vivekananda
- Let us follow in the footsteps of our forefathers and make our country strong and prosperous. Happy Independence Day!
- Let us honour every patriot, because without them, freedom would not have existed. What they did, we can never repay. Happy Independence Day!
- Let us join together and declare war on corruption and nepotism. Happy Independence Day!
- Let us pledge to build the India of tomorrow. Wishing you a very happy Independence Day!
- Liberty is a constant battle between government; who would limit it, people; who would concede it, and patriots; who would defend it.― Samuel R. Young Jr.
- Liberty is always dangerous, but it is the safest thing we have. – Harry Emerson Fosdick
- Liberty is maintained by responsible freedom. – Roger W Hancock
- Liberty is the breath of life to nations. – George Bernard Shaw
- Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. – George Bernard Shaw
- Liberty, taking the word in its concrete sense, consists in the ability to choose. – Simone Weil
- Life without liberty is like a body without spirit. – Khalil Gibran
- Long years ago, we made a tryst with destiny and now the time comes when we shall redeem our pledge… At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom. – Jawaharlal Nehru
- May the light of freedom, coming to all darkened lands, flame brightly until at last the darkness is no more. – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- May the sun in his course visit no land more free, more happy, more lovely, than this our country! – Sardar Bhagat Singh
- Mother, I bow to thee! Rich with thy hurrying streams, Bright with orchard gleams, Cool with thy winds of delight, Green fields waving, Mother of might, Mother free. Glory of moonlight dreams, Over thy branches and lordly streams, Clad in thy blossoming trees, Mother, giver of ease, Laughing low and sweet! Mother I kiss thy feet, Speaker sweet and low! Mother, to thee I bow. – Bankim Chandra Chaterjee
- My love for my nation is worthiness. My love for my people is endless. All I desire for my country is happiness. Let me be the first person to wish you a special happy Independence Day!
- No amount of money can give the happiness that freedom does. Long live our nation. Happy Independence Day!
- Nothing is more precious than independence and liberty.
- Once a subjugated people, today the world is taking note of our advancement in science and technology. Proud to be an Indian. Happy Independence Day!
Must Read : Best Harry Potter Quotes From Dumbledore
Independence Day Inspirational Quotes
- One individual may die for an idea; but that idea will, after his death, incarnate itself in a thousand lives. That is how the wheel of evolution moves on and the ideas and dreams of one nation are bequeathed to the next – Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
- Only sometimes you can’t feel anything about a subject without hypothesizing its extinction.― Richard Ford
- Originality is independence, not rebellion; it is sincerity, not antagonism. – George Henry Lewes
- Our ancestors had great hope and faith in the future generations. Now is the time to work hard and fulfil their dreams. Happy Independence Day!
- Our freedom fighters laid down their lives for our freedom. Always respect them. Wishing everyone a happy Independence Day.
- Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits. – Thomas Jefferson
- Short Thoughts on Independence DayThose who won our independence believed liberty to be the secret of happiness and courage to be the secret of liberty. – Louis D. Brandeis
- Stop living for yourself and start working for the welfare of or country and its people. Happy Independence Day!
- Swaraj is my birthright and I shall have it – Bal Gangadhar Tilak
- The best road to progress is freedom’s road. – John F. Kennedy
- The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender or submission. – John F. Kennedy
- The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.
- The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. – Albert Camus
- The shots that hit me are the last nails to the coffin of the British rule in India.
- They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. – Benjamin Franklin
- This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. – Elmer Davis
- This, then, is the state of the union: free and restless, growing and full of hope. So it was in the beginning. So it shall always be, while God is willing, and we are strong enough to keep the faith. – Lyndon B. Johnson
- Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves. – Abraham Lincoln
- Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine
- Those who won our independence believed liberty to be the secret of happiness and courage to be the secret of liberty. – Louis Brandeis
- Thy spirit, Independence, let me share! Lord of the lion-heart and eagle-eye, Thy steps I follow with my bosom bare, Nor heed the storm that howls along the sky. – Tobas George Smollet
- To be free is the most wonderful thing in the world. Happy Independence Day!
- True independence and freedom can only exist in doing what’s right. – Brigham Young
- Using freedom to excuse foolishness is the highest form of ignorance. Remember, people died for those rights. – Jason Bacchetta
- Violent means will give violent freedom. That would be a menace to the world and to India herself.
- We are Indians, firstly and lastly. – B.R. Ambedkar
- We end today a period of ill fortune and India discovers herself again. The achievement we celebrate today is but a step, an opening of opportunity, to the greater triumphs and achievements that await us. Are we brave enough and wise enough to grasp this opportunity and accept the challenge of the future? – Jawaharlal Nehru
- We got our freedom because of the enormous sacrifices made by our freedom fighters. Always cherish it. Happy Independence Day!
- We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it. – William Faulkner
Independence Day Motivational Quotes
- We must have constantly present in our minds the difference between independence and liberty. Liberty is a right of doing whatever the laws permit, and if a citizen could do what they forbid he would no longer be possessed of liberty.
- We on this continent should never forget that men first crossed the Atlantic not to find soil for their ploughs but to secure liberty for their souls. – Robert J. McCracken
- We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made! – Albert Einstein
- We will not rest in peace till we make our country the best in the world. Happy Independence Day!
- Whatever difficulties we may face, we must never give up the quest for truth, which alone is God himself. – Bal Gangadhar Tilak
- Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech. – Benjamin Franklin
- Without freedom, we don’t have a name, one vision, one identity, one nation. If our country is worth dying for during wars, we should also realize that it’s worth living for in time of peace!
- You can’t separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom. – Malcolm X
- You must be the change you want to see in the World
- Your freedom is brought to you courtesy of the outstanding Men and Women who serve and have served this country with honor, dedication, pride and sacrifice! – Nishan Panwar
Funny Independence Day Quotes
- I like Independence Day. It’s the one night a year when I can promise my husband fireworks. – Melanie White
- In England, the Declaration of Independence is known as old junk mail.- Damon Hunzeker
- Tomorrow is Independence Day in the USA, or as we call it in Canada, Thursday. – Sala Who?
- I always forget it’s America’s birthday since I’m not friends with it on facebook. – Leon from Mathclass
- I didn’t buy fireworks. I’m setting my neighbor’s car on fire instead. – Jeff Tamblyn
- Happy 4th of July! I hope you take this time to celebrate one of the most important things about being an American: 3-day weekends. – Ellen DeGeneres
- I brought a sparkler to a Roman candle fight. – tim donakowski
- Was told today I’m not supposed to call them illegal fireworks. They’re undocumented fireworks. – Just Bill
- A man died after lighting fireworks off the top of his head. Medical attention was delayed because everyone was looking up. – Brian Hope
- July 4th is to pyromaniacs what Thanksgiving is to overeaters. – Melanie White