Do you love boating? And do you love to share some famous and funny quotes about boating? If yes, you probably love this Boating Quotes & Captions post. We update our blog every day with new interesting quotes, captions, inspiring stories, and other cool stuff about boating.
There are countless reasons why people like boating. It allows them to relax and unwind after a stressful day at work. They get to spend quality time with family and friends. Plus, boaters usually live close to the water, so they don’t need to travel far to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life.
Happy Boating quotes add personality to your boat or yacht deck. Learn some great sea quotes to give your boater friends something to smile about.
Boaters love to share their thoughts on life at sea. Whether they are talking about life on the water or other interesting topics, boating captions and quotes for Instagram can add humor and excitement to the day. They make great conversation starters, too.
Have you always wanted to write boating quotes and sayings but never knew where to begin? Don’t worry because I’ve put together a few ideas that will inspire you to get started. Even if you are not a boater, this post can inspire those out there who dream of becoming a real boater someday.
Hundreds of famous quotations exist about boats, yachts, sailing, and boating. Some aren’t particularly appropriate for every type of vessel, but they still contain good information for anyone who loves the water.
Table of Contents
Do you love boating? Have you ever thought about starting a boating blog or site? In this article, we share some boat quotes from famous writers and sailors who have sailed across oceans and seas.
And if you haven’t guessed already, these are great motivational quotes and can also be used in social media posts, blogs, websites and ads to boost your Instagram page.
Boats are amazing vehicles that let us explore vast oceans and see far away places, and they can add a special touch to our lives. Most importantly, boats are powerful tools that can easily use to travel long distances.
- A sail boat that sails backwards can never see the sun rise. – Bill Cosby
- Boat is nothing without water and man without his dreams!-Mehmet Murat ildan
- Do not put each foot in a different boat.
- Feelin’ pretty peachy.
- For the ocean is big and my boat is small. Find the courage. – Alanis Morissette
- Good vibes happen on high tides.
- I don’t need therapy, I just need my boat.
- I want a boat that drinks six, eats four, and sleeps two. – Ernest K. Gann, author of The Aviator
- I’m sorry for what I said while docking the boat.
- Let your dreams set
- No matter how deep is an ocean, a boat always floats at the top. Similarly, no matter how big is the problem, positive thinking always keeps you at the top.
- Our life is like a boat than can float. Row and Go! Some Blink and Sink!!
- Remember when you were my boat, and I was your sea
- Shells sink, dreams float, life’s good on our boat. – Jimmy Buffet
- Smell the sea, and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly. – Van Morrison
- The rust can destroy even the biggest boat standing idle on the shore for too long. In the same way, stagnancy can destroy the amazing talent that you possess.
- The sea is the same as it has been since before men ever went on it in boats. (Quote by – Ernest Hemingway)
- The week I was there, they launched 100 boats. Because I think it was 90 boats that were lost. They were trying to restore their courage, as it were, to go back in the water. (Quote by – Sister Shanini D’Souza)
- There is nothing – absolutely nothing – half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.-Kenneth Grahame,
- Water in the boat is the ruin of the boat, but water under the boat is its support.-Rumi
- We must row in whatever boat we find ourselves in. – Christie Watson
Happy Boating Quotes
- A boat without captain cannot remain long on the surface! – Mehmet Murat ildan
- A lot of people ask me if I were shipwrecked, and could only have one book, what would it be I always say ‘How to Build a Boat(Quote by – Stephen Wright)
- A rampant wave can either sink a boat or harden the skills of the sailer. Likewise, a big problem in life can either throw you on the ground or can give you an opportunity to learn and improve.
- A sail boat that sails backwards can never see the sun rise.-Bill Cosby
- At sea, I learned how little a person needs, not how much.-Robin Lee Graham, began a five-year solo circumnavigation as a teenager in 1965 on a 42-foot sloop
- Boat is nothing without water and man without his dreams! – Mehmet Murat ildan
- Boats, like whiskey, are all good.-R. D. Culler, author of Boats, Oars and Rowing
- I start from the premise that no object created by man is as satisfying to his body and soul as a proper sailing yacht.(Quote by – Arthur Beiser)
- Peace is not found in a calmer storm, It’s found in a better boat. – Travis Meadows
- The sea is the same as it has been since before men ever went on it in boats.-Ernest Hemingway
- The shore can’t determine the capabilities of a boat, because a sea has the only right to test it. And you will know your true strength only when you enter the true battlefield.
- You can’t be crabby when you’re on a boat.
Cute Boating Quotes
- A film is a boat which is always on the point of sinking-it always tends to break up as you go along and drag you under with it.-Francois Truffaut
- Feeling salty about not being a mermaid.
- Giving in to the pier pressure.
- Having a reel good time with my besties.
- If you boat a lot, you’re known as a boating enthusiast. I like to boat, but I just don’t want to ever be referred to as a boating enthusiast. I hope they call me a guy who likes to boat.
- Keepin’ it reel.
- Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need – a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing.-Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome
- We said there warn’t no home like a raft, after all. Other places do seem so cramped up and smothery, but a raft don’t. You feel mighty free and easy and comfortable on a raft. ~ The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
- Whatever floats your boat.
Impressive Quotes On Boating
- Being on a boat that’s moving through the water, it’s so clear. Everything falls into place in terms of what’s important and what’s not.
- Even a small hole of negativity can bring down a big beautiful boat of hope, faith, and dreams.
- Fear to sink or fail can never let the boat of success achieve its destination
- James Taylor
- Jeff Bridges
- The boat is safer anchored at the port; but that’s not the aim of boats. – Paulo Coelho
- The ocean has always been a salve to my soul…the best thing for a cut or abrasion was to go swimming in salt water. Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.-Jimmy Buffett, musician, and songwriter
- They’d want to get fresh milk, so it would be nothing to be on the lake and there’s a cow on a boat. You have to remember – if you came out (to the lake) in the Victorian era, you’d have to have three trunks of clothes. Women changed their clothes three times a day. (Quote by – Don Lane)
- Thoughts will change and shift just like the wind and the water when you’re on the boat; thoughts are no different than anything else.
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.-Mark Twain, 1835–1910, the pen name for Samuel Langhorne Clemens
- Water in the boat is the ruin of the boat, but water under the boat is its support. – Rumi
- Whatever floats your boat, babe.
- You can’t buy happiness. But you can buy a boat and that’s pretty much the same thing.
Lake Boating Quotes
- A boat may stay in water, but water should not stay in boat. A spiritual aspirant may live in the world, but the world should not live within him.
- Boat hair, don’t care.
- Having yachts of fun with you.
- If you want to see a beautiful view, you have to work, and take the boat farther in the sea. Similarly, if you want to achieve something big in life, you have to work hard and do things, which very few people are willing to do.
- It’s lovely to live on a raft. We had the sky up there, all speckled with stars, and we used to lay on our backs and look up at them, and discuss about whether they was made or only just happened. ~ The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
- Long weekends and living the boat life.
- Thanks for being my anchor.
- The goal is not to sail the boat, but rather to help the boat sail herself.
- The lovely thing about cruising is that planning usually turns out to be of little use.-Dom Degnon, writer
- The sea is the same as it has been since before men ever went on it in boats.-Ernest Hemingway, 1899–1961, novelist
- There is no better tool or equipment you can have on board than a well-trained crew. —Larry Pardey
- Things are going quite swell
- Trust and unity are the only powerful tools that can help a crew to take the boat out from the rough sea.
Funny Boating Quotes
- A sailor is an artist whose medium is the wind. Live passionately, even if it kills you, because something is going to kill you anyway. ―Webb Chiles
- All the hard work done in oaring will go in vain, if you propel in the wrong direction. In the same way, hard work is only fruitful if you have a goal which is practical and viable.
- At sea, I learned how little a person needs, not how much.-Robin Lee Graham
- Confronting a storm is like fighting God. All the powers in the universe seem to be against you and, in an extraordinary way, your irrelevance is at the same time both humbling and exalting. ―Francis LeGrande
- Keep calm and boat on.
- Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.-Brooks Atkinson, 1894–1984, New York Times drama critic
- Let’s sail away into forever.
- Messy buns and boat days.
- No matter how strong and beautiful is a boat, it can’t move forward without an oar. Likewise, the greatest ideas are worthless without the action.
- There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.-Errol Flynn, 1909–1959, actor
- There was a great difference in boats, of course. For a long time I was on a boat that was so slow we used to forget what year it was we left port in.
- We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.
Boating Quotes & Sayings
- Decided to let my dreams set sail.
- Home is wherever the anchor drops.
- I like big boats and I cannot lie.
- I’m sorry, but this boat is knot for sail.
- It’s aboat time we all made it out on the water.
- Let’s get nauti.
- Literally sailing into the sunset.
- Love you a yacht.
- The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.-Vincent Van Gogh
- There is nothing more enticing, disenchanting, and enslaving than the life at sea.-Joseph Conrad
- To desire nothing beyond what you have is surely happiness. Aboard a boat, it is frequently possible to achieve just that. That is why sailing is a way of life, one of the finest of lives. ―Carleton Mitchell
- To reach a port we must set sail –Sail, not tie at anchor.Sail, not drift.-Franklin D. Roosevelt
- What’s around the river bendWaiting just around the river bend— Just Around the Riverbend from Pocahontas
- When I get a chance to play golf or go on a boat with good people, take the boat out and put some lobsters on the grill, get the ice-cold beer and the cigars – that’s heaven here on earth. (Quote by – Bernie Mac)
Boating Captions For Instagram
- Be an anchor in a world of waves.
- Forever in need of some vitamin sea.
- Good vibes happen on the tides.
- Hooked on that summer feeling.
- I love you a yacht.
- I wouldn’t have to work at all, I’d fool around and have a ball. — Meryl Streep, Julie Walters, and Christine Baranksi, Money, Money, Money
- Keepin’ it reel.
- My milkshake brings all the buoys to the yard.
- See the line where the sky meets the sea It calls me. And no one knows how far it goes. – How Far I’ll Go from Moana
- Some grow roots, but I put down anchors far into the sea.
- Some would say that I’m an aqua-holic.
- Staying hydrated by always being on the sea.
- Summer is never oh-fish-ally over.
- Take time to coast.
- Thanks for making sure we don’t sink.
- Things are going quite swell.
- This weekend was knot too bad.
- Worry less, paddle more.
- You can’t be crabby when you’re on a boat.
- You keep me from getting lost at sea.
Boating Instagram Captions
- Always take the sea-nic route.
- Back that raft up.
- Channeling my inner Young Donna.
- Does my messy bun make me look like I just had a boat day
- Escaping all that ordinary that’s back on shore.
- Find your flow, and row, row, row.
- Getting salty.
- I just know my Bitmoji is hanging out in the middle of the ocean right now.
- It’s going to be a long time with no sea.
- Kayaking away from all of my worries.
- Let’s just cruise and see where the waves go.
- Life is better where it’s wetter.
- Long weekends living the boat life.
- Oh buoy, we’re not ready for summer to be over, yet.
- Once again, SPF is back up for grabs.
- Shopping is fun and all, but this is my favorite kind of sail.
- Signing a petition for all of my days to be boat days.
- Where there’s a will, there’s a wave.
- You, me, and the sea.
Short Boating Captions For Instagram
- I got 99 problems, but the beach ain’t one.
- A little boat day photo dump for your feed.
- Always yachts of fun with this crew.
- And what a-boat it
- Canoe believe it!
- Don’t be a bummer, enjoy the summer.
- Feelin’ nauti.
- I always give in to pier pressure.
- I have very Pacific taste.
- I’ll always canoe with you.
- I’m sorry, I couldn’t hear you over the sound of the waves.
- POV You’re hanging on the boat with me and just asked for a slice of watermelon.
- Salt air… – Taylor Swift, August
- Salty air and sweet memories.
- Ship happens.
- TFW the ocean breeze is in your hair and you don’t have a single care.
- This boat pic really went off.
- Unsinkable bliss.
- We took the sea-nic route.
- What’s up, dock
- Whatever floats your boat!
- Yacht check!
- You’re gonna need a bigger boat. – Jaws