Today in this article, we are going to talk about Lord Gautama Buddha. Lord Gautam Buddha was the founder of Buddhism, not only in India but around the world. He was born in Lumbini, Nepal, to King Shuddhodhana and mother Mayadevi in 563 AD.
His childhood name was Siddhartha Vashistha because of his “Gautam” gotra; hence, he was Gautam. Buddha’s great religious leaders of all time, his entire life was searching for truth and solution to the cause. We have brought Buddha quotes on being; these quotes will tell about his achievement & experience’s insight.
Gautam Buddha got married at the age of 16, and his wife’s name was Yashodhara. After the marriage of Gautam Buddha became father, his son named Rahul. After spending a few years together with his family, Gautama Buddha abandoned his wife and child. To liberate all human beings from sorrows, he took a path of truth.
Getting aways from emotional attachment from family, son, and decided spiritual practice in the forest. He attained enlightenment under the Bodhi tree in Bodh Gaya district (Bihar). For his spiritual practice, meditation for many years, and the knowledge he shared with the world, which was the story of becoming Lord Buddha from his birth name Siddhartha Gautama.
Do you know what does Buddha means? If not, we tell “the one who is awake” or “enlightened,” who tells us a lot about others. No one has done this kind of awakening program to date as much as Gautama Buddha said in his preaching about life’s reality.
There are many books, texts available in which he told us about Love, Peace, Life, Happiness, Meditation, Wisdom, and more. The unique thing is that there is no repetition in whatever his talk or speech. Those who follow Buddha’s principle will never be distracted from the path of truth. We have collected Buddha Quotes On Happiness for your motivation, and share them with friends on social media.
Must Read : Best Karma Quotes
Table of Contents
- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
- It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
- Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
- The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.
- There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. Doubt separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills.
- Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
- We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
- Radiate boundless love towards the entire world.
- A disciplined mind brings happiness.
- Give, even if you only have a little.
- Conquer anger with non-anger. Conquer badness with goodness. Conquer meanness with generosity. Conquer dishonesty with truth.
- Those who cling to perceptions and views wander the world offending people.
- Drop by drop is the water pot filled. Likewise, the wise man, gathering it little by little, fills himself with good.
- I will not look at another’s bowl intent on finding fault: a training to be observed.
- Let none find fault with others; let none see the omissions and commissions of others. But let one see one’s own acts, done and undone.
- Should a person do good, let him do it again and again. Let him find pleasure therein, for blissful is the accumulation of good.
- May all beings have happy minds.
- Delight in heedfulness! Guard well your thoughts!
- Should you find a wise critic to point out your faults, follow him as you would a guide to hidden treasure.
- Should a seeker not find a companion who is better or equal, let them resolutely pursue a solitary course.
- In whom there is no sympathy for living beings: know him as an outcast.
- Hatred is never appeased by hatred in this world. By non-hatred alone is hatred appeased. This is a law eternal.
- Live with no sense of ‘mine,’ not forming attachment to experiences.
- Better it is to live one day seeing the rise and fall of things than to live a hundred years without ever seeing the rise and fall of things.
- One is not called noble who harms living beings. By not harming living beings one is called noble.
- If a man going down into a river, swollen and swiftly flowing, is carried away by the current — how can he help others across?
- All conditioned things are impermanent—when one sees this with wisdom, one turns away from suffering.
Buddha Quotes On Life
- If you knew what I know about the power of giving you would not let a single meal pass without sharing it in some way.
- Learn this from water: loud splashes the brook but the oceans depth are calm.
- I never see what has been done; I only see what remains to be done.
- You only lose what you cling to.
- The past is already gone, the future is not yet here. There’s only one moment for you to live.
- The trouble is, you think you have time.
- Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.
- Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- The tongue like a sharp knife… Kills without drawing blood.
- Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.
- To abstain from lying is essentially wholesome.
- Avoid evil deeds as a man who loves life avoids poison.
Buddha Inspirational Quotes
- There isn’t enough darkness in all the world to snuff out the light of one little candle.
- Imagine that every person in the world is enlightened but you. They are all your teachers, each doing just the right things to help you.
- If you are facing in the right direction, all you need to do is keep on walking. -Buddha
- Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.
- An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.
- Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little.
- If anything is worth doing, do it with all your heart.
- On life’s journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him.
Must Read : Bhagavad Gita Quotes On Death
Buddha Quotes on Meditation
- Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.
- What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create.
- There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
- No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
- If a man’s thoughts are muddy, If he is reckless and full of deceit, How can he wear the yellow robe? Whoever is master of his own nature, Bright, clear and true, He may indeed wear the yellow robe.
- Anger will never disappear so long as thoughts of resentment are cherished in the mind. Anger will disappear just as soon as thoughts of resentment are forgotten.
- For soon the body is discarded, Then what does it feel? A useless log of wood, it lies on the ground, Then what does it know? Your worst enemy cannot harm you As much as your own thoughts, unguarded. But once mastered, No one can help you as much, Not even your father or your mother.
- One should strive to understand what underlies sufferings and diseases – and aim for health and well-being while gaining in the path.
- If you are quiet enough, you will hear the flow of the universe. You will feel its rhythm. Go with this flow. Happiness lies ahead. Meditation is key.
Buddha Quotes on Happiness
- Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
- Happiness will never come to those who fail to appreciate what they already have. -Buddha
- There is no path to happiness. Happiness is the path.
- It is ridiculous to think that somebody else can make you happy or unhappy.
- Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
- Happiness is not having a lot. Happiness is giving a lot.
- Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Buddha Quotes on Peace
- Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.
- There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it.
- To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others.
- The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.
- Everything that has a beginning has an ending. Make your peace with that and all will be well.
- The root of suffering is attachment.
Buddha Quotes On Karma
- Not even death can wipe out our good deeds.
- Just as one can make a lot of garlands from a heap of flowers, so man, subject to birth and death as he is, should make himself a lot of good karma.
- When action comes out of nothing it creates no karma.
- One who previously made bad karma, but who reforms and creates good karma, brightens the world like the moon appearing from behind a cloud.
- If with a pure mind a person speaks or acts happiness follows him like his never-departing shadow.
- It is in the nature of things that joy arises in a person free from remorse.
- Set your heart on doing good. Do it over and over again, and you will be filled with joy.
- One who acts on truth is happy in this world and beyond.
Buddha Quotes On Anger
- Once you know the nature of anger and joy is empty and you let them go, you free yourself from karma.
- You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
- Whoever doesn’t flare up at someone who’s angry wins a battle hard to win.
- Conquer the angry one by not getting angry; conquer the wicked by goodness; conquer the stingy by generosity, and the liar by speaking the truth.
- To be angry is to let others’ mistakes punish yourself.
- An outside enemy exists only if there is anger inside.
- You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger.
- Suppose an enemy has hurt you in his own domain, why should you annoy yourself and hurt your mind in your own domain?
- When it is impossible for anger to arise within you, you find no outside enemies anywhere.
- There is no fire like passion. No crime like hatred. No sorrow like separation. No sickness like hunger, and no joy like the joy of freedom.
Buddha Quotes on Love
- He who loves 50 people has 50 woes; he who loves no one has no woes.
- Hatred does not cease through hatred at any time. Hatred ceases through love. This is an unalterable law.
- You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.
- True love is born from understanding.
- If you truly loved yourself, you could never hurt another.
- The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.
Buddha Quotes on Mind and Thoughts
- It is a man’s own mind, not his enemy or foe, which lures him to evil ways.
- In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.
- What we think, we become.
- Be vigilant; guard your mind against negative thoughts.
- We are what we think. With our thoughts, we make our world.
- Your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own thoughts, unguarded. But once mastered, no one can help you as much. Not even your father or your mother.
- It is wrong to think that misfortunes come from the east or from the west; they originate within one’s own mind. Therefore, it is foolish to guard against misfortunes from the external world and leave the inner mind uncontrolled.
- Everything is based on mind, is led by mind, is fashioned by mind. If you speak and act with a polluted mind, suffering will follow you, as the wheels of the oxcart follow the footsteps of the ox.
- All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him.
- All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?
- It is a man’s own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
- We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
- There is nothing so disobedient as an undisciplined mind, and there is nothing so obedient as a disciplined mind.
- Your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own unguarded thoughts.
RELATED: Short Funny Inspirational Quotes
Buddha Quotes on Spirituality
- You cannot travel the path until you have become the path itself.
- The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.
- Purity or impurity depends on oneself. No one can purify another.
- However many holy words you read, However many you speak, What good will they do you If you do not act on upon them?
- If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change.
- Those who have failed to work toward the truth have missed the purpose of living.
- In separateness lies the world’s greatest misery; in compassion lies the world’s true strength.
- If you find no one to support you on the spiritual path, walk alone. There is no companionship with the immature.
- Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others.
Buddha Quotes on Wisdom
- If the problem can be solved why worry? If the problem cannot be solved worrying will do you no good.
- Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.
- A man is not called wise because he talks and talks again; but is he peaceful, loving and fearless then he is in truth called wise.
- Even as a solid rock is unshaken by the wind, so are the wise unshaken by praise or blame.
- It is better to travel well than to arrive.
- A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker.
- Remembering a wrong is like carrying a burden on the mind.
- Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.
- Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.
- Nothing is permanent.
- A jug fills drop by drop.
- Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
Also Read :- Positive Good Morning Beautiful Quote