Get Funny Engineering Quotes for a social profile picture. Every year Engineers Day is celebrated in honor of Sir M Visvesvaraya Ji on 15 September in India.
Bharat Ratna Shri Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya was born in Muddenahalli on 15 September 1860.
He was a very great civil engineer of his time, and due to his extraordinary contribution, he was awarded the most prestigious award Bharat Ratna in 1955.
Engineer Day is celebrated on the auspicious occasion of the birthday of Mokshagundam Vishveshwara.
People across the country are remembering M Visvesvaraya and paying tribute to him.
M. Visvesvaraya was born on 15 September 1861 in a Telugu family in Chikkaballapur, the taluk in Mysore’s Kolar district.
He was the son of Srinivasa Shastri, a Sanskrit scholar and Ayurveda practitioner & his mother’s name was Venkachamma.
This post is for all innovative engineers who have given a significant contribution to the nation and society.
For all young creative minds’ motivational purposes, we share Engineers Day Quotes for engineering streams such as Mechanical Engineering, Computer, Civil Engineering & more.
- Any idiot can build a bridge that stands, but it takes an engineer to build a bridge that barely stands. – Unknown
- At its heart engineering is about using science to find creative practical solutions. It’s a noble profession. – Queen Elizabeth II
- Design is not how it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works – Steve Jobs
- Engineering is not only study of 45 subjects but it is moral studies of intellectual life. – Prakhar Srivastav
- Engineering stimulates the mind. Kids get bored easily. They have got to get out and get their hands dirty; make things, dismantle things, fix things. When the schools can offer that, you’ll have an engineer for life. – Bruce Dickinson
- Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems. – Scott Adams
- Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently. – Henry Ford
- First rule of engineering; beware prototypes. Along with, avoid anything made by an engineer who doesn’t have all his own fingers. – Simon R. Green
- I don’t spend my time pontificating about high-concept things; I spend my time solving engineering and manufacturing problems. – Elon Musk
- I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do. – Leonardo da Vinci
- I’ve never seen a job being done by a five-hundred-person engineering team that couldn’t be done better by fifty people. – C. Gordon Bell
- If I had nine hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend the first six sharpening my axe. – Abraham Lincoln
- It is hardly surprising that the malodorous field of garbology has not attained the popularity of rocket science, oil exploration, or brain surgery. – Hans Y. Tammemagi
- Manufacturing is more than just putting parts together. It’s coming up with ideas, testing principles and perfecting the engineering as well as final assembly. – James Dyson
- Math is my Passion. Engineering is my Profession. – Wilfred James Dolor
- Normal people believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
- One man’smagic is another man’s engineering.Supernatural is a null word. – Robert A. Heinlein
- Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- Projects we have completed demonstrate what we know – future projects decide what we will learn. – Dr. Mohsin Tiwana
- Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it does not exist, design it. – Sir Henry Royce
- The fewer moving parts, the better.” “Exactly. No truer words were ever spoken in the context of engineering. – Christian Cantrell
- The human foot is a masterpiece of engineering and a work of art. – Leonardo da Vinci
- The problem in this business isn’t to keep people from stealing your ideas; it’s making them steal your ideas! – Howard Aiken
- The trick to having good ideas is not to sit around in glorious isolation and try to think big thoughts. The trick is to get more parts on the table. – Steven Johnson
- There is nothing I believe more strongly than getting young people interested in science and engineering, for a better tomorrow, for all humankind. – Bill Nye
- To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. – Unknown
- When you want to know how things really work, study them when they’re coming apart. – William Gibson
Engineers Day Quotes
- I am an Engineer. I serve mankind by making dreams come true. Happy Engineers Day!
- At its heart, engineering is about using science to find creative, practical solutions. It is a noble profession. Happy Engineers Day!
- Everybody says Engineering is so easy that it is just like walking in a park. But only Engineers know that the park is called Jurassic Park. Happy Engineers Day!!
- If you throw a stone at a busy road in India, it will either hit a dog or an engineer. Jokes apart, wishing you Happy Engineers’ Day.
- The world can’t change us, but we can change the world!! We don’t have books in hand, but have revolutionary ideas in mind! We are the rarest common race on earth!! Meet us; we are the ENGINEERS!! Happy Engineers Day.
- Your family member will not consider you an engineer unless you repair any of the home appliances. Happy Engineers Day!
- On the sixth day God understood he cannot do it all, so he created engineers. Happy Engineers day!
- Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems. Happy Engineers Day!
- Engineering is not only the study of 45 subjects but it is moral studies of intellectual life. Happy Engineers Day!
- Engineering Fact: We don’t need a girlfriend…our assignments irritate us every day…that’s enough. Happy Engineers’ Day.
- Firstly I would like to thank Google for allowing me to copy and paste and secondly to the Xerox machines. Happy Engineer’s Day.
Civil Engineering Quotes
- We shape our buildings, thereafter they shape us. – Winston Churchill
- There can be little doubt that in many ways the story of bridge building is the story of civilisation. By it we can readily measure an important part of a people’s progress. – Franklin D Roosevelt
- When engineers and quantity surveyors discuss aesthetics and architects study what cranes do we are on the right road. – Ove Arup
- This is not the age of pamphleteers. It is the age of engineers. The spark-gap is mightier than the pen. Democracy will not be salvaged by men who talk fluently, debate forcefully and quote aptly. – Lancelot Hogben
- The joy of engineering is to find a straight line on a double logarithmic diagram. – Thomas Koenig
- One has to watch out for engineers – they begin with the sewing machine and end up with the atomic bomb. – Marcel Pagnol
- Nothing is so inspiring as seeing big works well laid out and planned and a real engineering organisation. – Frederick Handley Page
- Nothing can be of great worth or holy which is the work of builders and mechanics. – Zeno, Stoic Philosopher
- Men build bridges and throw railroads across deserts, and yet they contend successfully that the job of sewing on a button is beyond them. Accordingly, they don’t have to sew buttons. – Heywood Broun
- Engineers … are not mere technicians and should not approve or lend their name to any project that does not promise to be beneficent to man and the advancement of civilization – John Fowler
- Engineering refers to the practice of organizing the design and construction [and, I would add operation] of any artifice which transforms the physical world around us to meet some recognized need. – GFC Rogers
- Engineering is the art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance. – Dr AR Dykes
- Architects and engineers are among the most fortunate of men since they build their own monuments with public consent, public approval and often public money. – John Prebble
- A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible – Freeman Dyson
- A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. – Douglas Adams
- Scientists dream about doing great things. Engineers do them. – James A. Michener
- Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been. – Albert Einstein
- Each type of knowledge has value; however, from an engineering point of view, practical knowledge seems to be more valuable than theoretical knowledge. – Eraldo Banovac
Funny Engineering Quotes
- An engineer is someone who is good with figures, but doesn’t have the personality of an accountant. – An Arts graduate’s view of engineers
- Life is like a gas turbine, After every compressor, there is always a turbine!; – Benyamin Bidabad
- Engineering is the art and science of nuts and bolts. – Haresh Sippy
- I had no talent for science. What was infinitely worse: all my fraternity brothers were engineers. – Kurt Vonnegut
- Daddy will I ever have free time? No son we are engineers. – Unknown
- After four years of engineering, say hello to my little friend. – Unknown
- Engineers trying to fall asleep, be like….
- Hates essays so becomes engineer.. mandatory arts elective…
- [John] Kobak explained, ‘The way you learn anything is that something fails, and you figure out how not to have it fail again. – Robert S. Arrighi
- A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering. – Freeman Dyson
Mechanical Engineering Quotes
- No TECH without MECH.
- Get in GEAR with a MECHANICAL ENGINEER.
- Got the Nerve to dare ME?
- I believe in Big Bang theory.
- It’s not that I can’t explain, it’s just that you wouldn’t understand.
- ME – The God Father of Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineer, I’m kind of Big Deal….!!
- Mechanical, Rule the World..!
- Shame on you girls still I am single — THE MECHANICAL ENGINEER
- We are the gear of tomorrow.
- Trust me I am an ME.
- Who has two thumbs and loves being a Mechanical Engineer?.
- Casting the world, Forging the campus, Shaping the universe, Welding the rest of all branches, Bcoz, We are the Men, We are the machine, and we are Mechanical Engineer’s
- Can do it again & again I Reciprocate..!
- Without ME, Physics is just a theory.
- We Mech the world.
- When there is a Fault I Fix the NUT, yeah that’s ME.
- When we shine we Lighten the world, When we think we Turn the world, When we stand we rule the world, We are Kings of all…Mechanical Engineers!
- We do it FOUR STROKE way.
- We build Machines that Build Machines.
- We are the ones your mom had warned you about!
- Suck, Squeeze, Bang and blow – This is how I Loves to do it.
- We crank up the lives, We shift up the gears, Beware of us, bcoz we are the Mechanical Engineers.
- We are studs…We screw from both sides.
- No Teeth No World, No Gears No World.
- Mercury level is raising because Mechanical is on Fire
Computer Engineering Quotes
- I do not fear computers. I fear lack of them. — Isaac Asimov
- A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing. — Emo Philips
- Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes. — Edsger W. Dijkstra
- The computer was born to solve problems that did not exist before. — Bill Gates
- Standards are always out of date. That’s what makes them standards. — Alan Bennett
- Physics is the universe’s operating system. — Steven R Garman
- It’s hardware that makes a machine fast. It’s software that makes a fast machine slow. — Craig Bruce
- There are 10 people in the world, those who can read BINARY and those who cannot. – Anonymous
- Before software can be reusable it first has to be usable. – Ralph Johnson
- There’s no time to stop for gas, we’re already late – Karin Donker
- To go faster, slow down. Everybody who knows about orbital mechanics understands that. – Scott Cherf