There is hardly any country that is not aware of cricket; it is quite popular in every state of the world— considering the popularity of the game, we have brought you exclusive cricket quotes for Instagram. Cricket is an outdoor sports activity played at both national and international levels.
The game of cricket originated in England; now, you can see the craze in India. It is a religion in the Indian subcontinent. Since then, cricket has been the play in India for many years, and it is a royal game.
In the cricket game, there are two teams, and each team consists of 11–11 players. There are three types of Cricket format available, One Day Match, Test Match, T20 Match. Some years ago, Cricketer played only ODI and Test matches, but the T20 cricket format gained popularity in a few years.
In a one-day game, each team plays 50 overs; the criteria of this game, the team who scores within in the stipulated over, will win the match. While the test match is five days total, each team plays 50 overs. In a T20 match, it’s a 20-20 over the game, the team who scores more will win. Whatever format you love, we have brought funny cricket quotes for Instagram posts used along with photos.
Cricket is a favorite sport in some countries, but some countries considered more than a game are England, India, Australia, South Africa, Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc. They played the game was with bat and ball in an open stadium.
The rule of the game is there is a pitch in the middle of the field that is 22-yard. And when the batsman hits the ball out and goes outside the boundary, count as fours and sixes. Many great cricketers have given quotes on cricket; we have included some of the best cricket quotes that increase the appetite to learn more about cricket.
Cricket is a favorite sport in some countries, but some countries considered more than a game are England, India, Australia, South-Africa, Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc. The game played with bat and ball in an open stadium.
The rule of the game there is a pitch in the middle of the field is 22-yard. And when the batsman hits the ball out and goes outside the boundary count as fours and six’s. Many great cricketers have given quotes on cricket, we have included some of the best cricket quotes that increase the appetite to learn more about cricket.
Must Read : Famous Spider Man Far From Home Quotes
Table of Contents
- The only good thing about that decision, Gatt, is that I’ll get tea before you.
- As far as the World Cup is concerned, it is a process. We don’t want to jump to the 50th floor straight away. We must start on the ground floor.
- Childhood without galli cricket is like no childhood.
- Cricket as a passion is distinctly contagious.
- Cricket is about a lot more than playing by the rules, Mistry. It’s a gentleman’s game. Don’t you ever forget that.
- Cricket is basically baseball on valium.
- Cricket is my first love.
- Cricket is not everything, not by any means, but it is a large part of who I am.
- Cricket is quite a gentle, harmless game, but he is a lucky man who has not to sweat some blood before he’s done with it.
- Cricket is the only sport in the world where you are absolutely horrible at something and you still need to go out and do it.
- Cricket to us was more than play, It was a worship in the summer sun.
- Enjoy the game and chase your dreams. Dreams do come true!
- Everything I know about being a gentleman, I owe it to Cricket.
Cricket Quotes For Instagram
- I tend to believe that cricket is the greatest thing that God ever created on earth.
- If you play good cricket, a lot of bad things get hidden.
- If you want fame for yourself, go play an individual game.
- Make me umpire, my favorite team will never lose any match.
- Many people think life is a game; I think cricket is a game.
- No cricket team in the world depends on one or two players. The team always plays to win.
- Nothing is easy in cricket. Maybe when you watch it on TV, it looks easy. But it is not. You have to use your brain and time the ball.
- The Test cricket we’ve played over the last few weeks has been of a very high standard.
- Yes, it’s right, cricket is a gentlemen games.
- You can cut the tension with a cricket stump.
- Funny Cricket Quotes
- The other advantage England have got when Phil Tufnell is bowling is that he is not fielding. – Ian Chappell in 1990
- They came to see me bat not you bowl – WG Grace, putting the bails back on his stumps after being bowled first ball.
- I bowl so slowly that if I don’t like a ball I can run after it and bring it back – J.M. Barrie
- I can’t really say I’m batting badly. I’m not batting long enough to be batting badly – Greg Chappell
- This is Cunis at the Vauxhall End. Cunis—a funny sort of name. Neither one thing nor the other – Alan Gibson
- I don’t ask Kathy to face Michael Holding. So I don’t see why I should be changing nappies. – Ian Botham on family life
- A very small crowd here today. I can count the people on one hand. Can’t be more than 30 – Michael Abrahamson
- The Port Elizabeth ground is more of a circle than an oval. It is long and square – Trevor Bailey
- Cricket is a game played by 11 fools and watched by 11,000 fools, – George Bernard Shaw
- The only person who would call for a run and wish his partner good luck at the same time -. John Warr commenting on Denis Compton
Inspirational Cricket Quotes
- A cricket ground is a flat piece of earth with some buildings around it.
- A Cricket ground is worthless until it has 2 dashing umpires and 22 exciting players.
- A wise man learns by the mistakes of others, a fool by his own
- Compromise for your dream, but never compromise on your dream.
- Cricket is a funny game, we have legends and living legends but the game doesn’t stop for anyone!
- Cricket matches are not about losing and winning, it is about enjoying.
- cricket player image
- First of all, convince yourself that you’re the best, because the rest of the world is going to go proving this to others.
- I cannot for the life of me see why the umpires, the only two people on a cricket field who are not going to get grass stains on their knees, are the only two people allowed to wear dark trousers.
- I enjoy outdoor games but love cricket most.
- I think that a leader is someone that needs to make an impact on and off the cricket field.
- I think you enjoy the game more if you don’t know the rules. Then you’re on the same wavelength as the umpire.
- I want people to remember me as a Good Person, Not as a Good Cricketer.
- If you make every game of cricket a life-and-death thing, you’re going to have problems. You’ll be dead a lot.
Must Read: Inspiring Fear Quotes & Sayings
Cricket Motivational Quotes
- Irrespective of whether you have a talent or not, one has to work hard. Just being talented isn’t anything; you can end up wasting it before you realize.
- Life is simply a cricket match, with temptation as the bowler.
- Losing in cricket is the great Indian sin.
- No dream is ever chased alone.
- Oh God, if there be cricket in heaven, let there also be rain.
- Sports teaches you that there is always a second innings in life. If you fail today, there’s a second innings maybe two days later.
- Stumping by Dhoni is even faster than light.
- Sure, luck means a lot in cricket. Not having a good fielders is bad luck.
Inspiring Cricket Quotes
- The hallmark of a great captain is the ability to win the toss, at the right time.
- The other teams could make trouble for us if they win.
- We don’t need umpire, but I guess white guys need something to do.
- We lost the game on purpose; it’s just a ruse so that we could trample you in the final.
- Winning isn’t everything,,,it’s the only thing.
- You don’t play for the crowd, You play for the country.
- Test matches bore people, One day matches excite people.
- Serious cricket is war minus the shooting.
Motivational Quotes For Cricket Team
- A wise man learns by the mistakes of others, A foll by own. – Adam Gilchrist
- Compromise for your Dream but never Compromise on your Dream. – Imran Khan
- Cricket is a funny game, we have legends and living legends but the game doesn’t stop for anyone! – Kumar Sangakkara
- Enjoy the game & Chase your dreams. Dreams do come true. – Sachin Tendulkar
- Every Batsman surveys the field before taking strike, and usually the fielders get imprinted on his mind. But in my mind I only see the fielders, I don’t see the gaps. – Ricky Ponting
- Every morning I woke up, I believed that I could score runs for India. – Sourav Ganguly
- First of all, convince yourself that you’re the best, because the rest of the world is going to go proving this to others. – Wasim Akhram
- I have three dogs at home. Even after losing a series or winning a series, they treat me the same way. ― Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- I want people to remember me as a Good Person, Not as a Good Cricketer. ― Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- If you want to do something, achieve something, you can’t be thinking all the time of what you don’t have. – Kapil Dev
- Irrespective of whether you have talent or not, one has to work hard. Just being talented isn’t anything; you can end up wasting it before you realize. – Virat Kohli
- My first bat was shaped of a coconut branch and from that day, all I wanted to do was to be a crickter. – Brian Lara
- Never give up; just absolutely never give up. – Shane Warne
- No dream is ever chased alone. – Rahul Dravid
- Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion some day! – Kumara Sangakkara
- People throw stones at you and you convert them into Milestones – Sachin Tendulkar
- Some folks will say ‘Oh, Winning ain’t all! But I know it is all. At the end of the day no one looks at the loser. So that is why we play to win. – Vivian Richards
- Sports teaches you that there is always a second innings in life. If you fail today, there’s a second innings maybe two days later. – Harsha Bhogle
- You don’t play for the crowd, you play for the country. – Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- You don’t win or lose the games because of the 11 you select. You win or lose with that those 11 do on the field. – Rahul Dravid
Must Read : Best Harry Potter Quotes From Dumbledore