You can showcase your art and creativity through painting, and if you have one, then we have exclusive Painting Quotes to portray your masterpiece and share it with social media followers.
Amateur painters can become good at painting through regular practice, but the most important thing is that you passionate about painting. Some are born creative. They are good at artwork, and some develop skills through hard work.
Let others know how creative you are at painting art? If you do painting occasionally, you need funny quotes about painting that right fit for your canvas and appreciate your artwork.
Table of Contents
- A painting requires a little mystery, some vagueness, and some fantasy. When you always make your meaning perfectly plain you end up boring people. – Edgar Degas
- A painting to me is primarily a verb, not a noun, an event first and only secondarily an image. – Elaine de Kooning
- All you need to paint is a few tools, a little instruction, and a vision in your mind. – Bob Ross
- Art critic! Is that a profession? When I think we are stupid enough, we painters, to solicit those people’s compliments and to put ourselves into their hands! What shame! Should we even accept that they talk about our work? – Edgar Degas
- Begin by learning to draw and paint like the old masters. After that, you can do as you like; everyone will respect you. – Salvador Dali
- Every canvas is a journey all its own. – Helen Frankenthaler
- Every now and then one paints a picture that seems to have opened a door and serves as a stepping stone to other things. – Pablo Picasso
- I am not sick. I am broken. But I am happy to be alive as long as I can paint. – Frida Kahlo
- I believe that the great painters with their intellect as master have attempted to force this unwilling medium of paint and canvas into a record of their emotions. – Edward Hopper
- I can’t change the fact that my paintings don’t sell. But the time will come when people will recognize that they are worth more than the value of the paints used in the picture. – Vincent van Gogh
- I don’t paint dreams or nightmares, I paint my own reality. – Frida Kahlo
- I dream my painting and I paint my dream. – Vincent van Gogh
- I dream my painting, and then I paint my dream. – Vincent van Gogh
- I paint flowers so they will not die. – Frida Kahlo
- I paint my own reality. The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration. – Frida Kahlo
- I paint myself because I am so often alone and because I am the subject I know best. – Frida Kahlo
- I paint objects as I think them, not as I see them. – Pablo Picasso
- I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers. – Claude Monet
- I want to be famous but unknown! – Edgar Degas
- I want to paint the way a bird sings. – Claude Monet
- I’m not performing miracles, I’m using up and wasting a lot of paint. – Claude Monet
- If I could say it in words there would be no reason to paint. – Edward Hopper
Jackson Pollock Quotes
- Every good painter paints what he is.
- My painting does not come from the easel.
- I don’t work from drawings. I don’t make sketches and drawings and color sketches into a final painting.
- I continue to get further away from the usual painter’s tools such as easel, palette, brushes, etc.
- It doesn’t make much difference how the paint is put on as long as something has been said. Technique is just a means of arriving at a statement.
- It is only when I lose contact with the painting that the result is a mess. Otherwise there is pure harmony, an easy give and take, and the painting comes out well.
- Painting is self-discovery. Every good artist paints what he is.
- The modern artist is working with space and time, and expressing his feelings rather than illustrating.
- He drove his kind of realism at me so hard I bounced right into nonobjective painting.
- Abstract painting is abstract. It confronts you. There was a reviewer a while back who wrote that my pictures didn’t have any beginning or any end. He didn’t mean it as a compliment, but it was.
- Today painters do not have to go to a subject matter outside of themselves. Most modern painters work from a different source. They work from within.
- The strangeness will wear off and I think we will discover the deeper meanings in modern art.
- The painting has a life of its own. I try to let it come through.
- I’m very representational some of the time, and a little all of the time. But when you’re painting out of your unconscious, figures are bound to emerge.
- My paintings do not have a center, but depend on the same amount of interest throughout.
- Bums are the well-to-do of this day. They didn’t have as far to fall.
- Abstract painting is abstract. It confronts you.
- When I’m painting, I’m not aware of what I’m doing. It’s only after a get acquainted period that I see what I’ve been about. I’ve no fears about making changes for the painting has a life of its own.
- I hardly ever stretch the canvas before painting.
- I have no fear of making changes, destroying the image, etc., because the painting has a life of its own.
Mona Lisa Quotes
- Could Hamlet have been written bya committee, or the Mona Lisa painted by a club? Could the NewTestament have been composed as a conference report? – Alfred Whitney Griswold
- Mona Lisa must have had the highway blues; you can tell by the way she smiles. – Bob Dylan
- Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa. – George Steinbrenner
- Da Vinci painted one Mona Lisa. Beethoven composed one Fifth Symphony. And God made one version of you. – Max Lucado
- Mona Lisa looks as if she has just been sick, or is about to be. – Noel Coward
- Well, is it pornography or is it art? Well as far as I’m concerned, the Mona Lisa is art. – Shaun Micallef
- If I had a euro for every stupid thing I’ve done, I could buy the Mona Lisa. – Stephanie Perkins
- Mona Lisa is the only beauty who went through history and retained her reputation. – Will Rogers
House Painting Quotes
- If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud. – Émile Zola
- If you could say it in words, there would be no reason to paint. – Edward Hopper
- If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced. – Vincent van Gogh
- If you understand your painting beforehand, you might as well not paint it. – Salvador Dali
- It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child. – Pablo Picasso
- I’ve been doing a lot of abstract painting lately, extremely abstract. No brush, no paint, no canvas, I just think about it. – Steven Wright
- Just slap anything on when you see a blank canvas staring you in the face like some imbecile. You don’t know how paralyzing that is, that stare of a blank canvas is, which says to the painter, ‘You can’t do a thing’. The canvas has an idiotic stare and mesmerizes some painters so much that they turn into idiots themselves. Many painters are afraid in front of the blank canvas, but the blank canvas is afraid of the real, passionate painter who dares and who has broken the spell of `you can’t’ once and for all. – Vincent van Gogh
- No one but myself knows the anxiety I go through and the trouble I give myself to finish paintings which do not satisfy me and seem to please so very few others. – Claude Monet
- Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things. – Edgar Degas
- Painting is a blind man’s profession. He paints not what he sees, but what he feels, what he tells himself about what he has seen. – Pablo Picasso
- Painting is an infinitely minute part of my personality. – Salvador Dali
- Painting is just another way of keeping a diary. – Pablo Picasso
- Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen. – Leonardo da Vinci
- Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. – Plutarch
- Painting is the grandchild of nature. It is related to God. – Rembrandt van Rijn
Wall Painting Quotes | Quotes On Art And Creativity
- Painting something that defies the law of the land is good. Painting something that defies the law of the land and the law of gravity at the same time is ideal. – Banksy
- Real painters understand with a brush in their hand. – Berthe Morisot
- Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot, others transform a yellow spot into the sun. – Pablo Picasso
- The canvas has an idiotic stare and mesmerises some painters so much that they turn into idiots themselves. – Vincent van Gogh
- The creation of a painting takes as much trickery and premeditation as the commitment of a crime. – Edgar Degas
- The longer you look at an object, the more abstract it becomes, and, ironically, the more real. – Lucian Freud
- The only time I feel alive is when I’m painting. – Vincent van Gogh
- The painter must give a completely free rein to any feeling or sensations he may have and reject nothing to which he is naturally drawn. – Lucian Freud
- The painter will produce pictures of little merit if he takes the works of others as his standard. – Leonardo da Vinci
- The world today doesn’t make sense, so why should I paint pictures that do? – Pablo Picasso
- There are two things in the painter, the eye and the mind; each of them should aid the other. – Paul Cezanne
- They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. – Andy Warhol (see more quotes from Andy Warhol)
- To create one’s own world takes courage. – Georgia O’Keeffe
- To the artist there is never anything ugly in nature. – Auguste Rodin
- Try to forget what objects you have before you – a tree, a house, a field, or whatever. Merely think, ‘Here is a little square of blue, here an oblong of pink, here a streak of yellow,’ and paint it just as it looks to you, the exact color and shape, until it gives you your own impression of the scene before you. – Claude Monet
- What is commonly called ugliness in nature can in art become full of beauty. – Auguste Rodin
Nature Painting Quotes
- What keeps my heart awake is colorful silence. – Claude Monet
- When art critics get together they talk about Form and Structure and Meaning. When artists get together they talk about where you can buy cheap turpentine. – Pablo Picasso
- When I have a terrible need of – shall I say the word – religion, then I go out and paint the stars. – Vincent van Gogh
- When I paint, the Sea Roars. Others Splash about in the bath – Salvador Dali
- When you want to make the main color pure and bright, don’t just keep adding bright colors on it. Just make the colors around the spot darker and dull. It will give the scene dramatical effects. I think the life is the same. – Hiroko Sakai
- Why do two colors, put one next to the other, sing? Can one really explain this? No. Just as one can never learn how to paint. – Pablo Picasso
- Without atmosphere a painting is nothing. – Rembrandt Van Rijn
- You have to know how to be vulgar. Paint with four-letter words. – Pablo Picasso