What are some good Ballet quotes from famous ballet dancers? We’ve collected the most popular Ballet quotes and Ballet captions for Instagram photos taken by girls, boys, couples, and friends. Have fun!
Ballet has long been associated with grace, elegance, and beauty. And for a good reason, it’s considered one of the oldest forms of dance known to man.
Ballet dancing is a highly skilled form of art that requires grace and confidence. The dancers can perform complicated choreography with ease. Many ballet companies also provide scholarships to talented students who want to pursue dance careers.
How often have you seen ballet dancers dancing at parties or other social gatherings? Sometimes he dances alone, sometimes with his couple, so this is the right time for you to post a photo of him dancing on Instagram or other social networks.
It would be best if you had the best ballet quotes, ballet captions, and hashtags to share pictures on social media.
Here are some short, cute, funny ballet quotes and ballet captions that may help you improve your dancing. Select the picture that best represents your image and use it for your profile photo.
Must Read : Famous Dance Quotes And Sayings
Table of Contents
Ballet Quotes For Instagram
- Ballet is like writing poetry with your body.- Elif Shafak.
- Ballet shoes… I cannot play with them like they’re toys. But when the music is playing they get deep on my toes.- Ana Claudia Antunes.
- Dance like you’ve never danced before.
- Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals.-Charles Baudelaire
- Dare, dream, dance, smile, and sing loudly! And have faith that love is an unstoppable force!
- Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion.
- I got kicked out of ballet class because I pulled a groin muscle that wasn’t mine.
- I’ve lost my ability to grand bat ma.
- Me vs. normal people.Didn’t stretch this weekend.
- Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance.
- The art of ballet chooses the dancer, not the other way around.- Kevin McKenzie.
- The ballet is a purely female thing; it is a woman, a garden of beautiful flowers, and the man is the gardener.
- The essence of all art is to have pleasure in giving pleasure.-Mikhail Baryshnikov
- The more you understand the music, the easier you can dance.
- There are three steps you have to complete to become a professional dancer learn to dance, learn to perform and learn how to cope with injuries.
Ballet Quotes Motivational
- A good dancer is not necessarily defined by great technique, skill, or ability to pick up choreography but my confidence. When you feel the music, it penetrates to your soul. Everybody’s a dancer. The greatest dancer is someone who is willing to dance, not afraid.
- Ballet is the body rising. Ballet is ceremonial and hieratic. Its disdain for the commonplace material world is the source of its authority and glamour.
- Dance first. Think later. It’s the natural order.-Samuel Beckett
- Dance is the hidden language of the soul.
- Dance to express, not to impress.
- I don’t want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance.
- It’s a wonderful thing to be able to dance, tell your body what you want it to do.
- It’s not on a field. It’s not on a court.
- My workouts are harder than The Hunger Games.
- Plié is the first thing you learn and the last thing you master.- Suzanne Farrell.
- Think of the magic of the foot, comparatively small, upon which your whole weight rests. It’s a miracle, and the dance is a celebration of that miracle.- Martha Graham.
- What we hope ever to do with ease, we must first learn to do with diligence.
Ballet Quotes Funny
- Ballet is a perfect medium for the expression of spiritual love.
- Ballet is a purely female thing. It is a woman, a garden of beautiful flowers, and a man is the gardener.- George Balanchine.
- Ballet is not just movement, not simply abstract. It’s something beautiful. Sometimes there’s this feeling in the movement that makes me want to cry.
- Ballet is not technique but a way of expression that comes more closely to the inner language of man than any other.-George Borodin
- Beauty, like male ballet dancers, makes some men afraid.- Mordecai Richler.
- But trust me, it’s a sport.
- Dancers are instruments, like a piano the choreographer plays.
- Fine dancing, I believe like virtue, must be its own reward. Those who are standing by are usually thinking of something very different.
- I never liked that song until I danced to it with you.
- Someone once said that dancers work just as hard as policemen, always alert, always tense– but see, policemen don’t have to be beautiful at the same time.
- That’s what I love about dance. It makes you happy, fully happy.
- The domain of the ballet dancer is not earth but air.- Lincoln Kirstein.
- Try everything once except incest and folk dancing.-Sir Thomas Beecham
Cute Ballet Quotes
- Anyone who thinks sunshine is happiness has never danced in the rain
- Ballet is a jealous god demanding a self-immolation that includes the sacrifice of personal love.
- Ballet is not a technique but a way of expression that comes more closely to the inner language of man than any other.- George Borodin.
- Caution not spirit, let it roam wild; for in that natural state dance embraces divine frequency.
- Dance as the narration of a magical story; that recites on lips, illuminates imaginations, and embraces the most sacred depths of souls.
- No I can’t catch a ball, but can you do a pirouette Didn’t think so.
- Stars are always dancing. Sometimes they dance twinkling away with the rhythm of your joyful heart and sometimes they dance without movement to embrace your heartache as if frozen sculptures of open-armed sadness.
- Tbh the only reason I dance is so I can eat Chick-fil-A every day.
- The ballet needs to tell its own story in such a way it can be received without having to be translated into language.
- What’s so wonderful about ballet is that… it’s almost a Greek ideal of body, mind, and form.- Edward Villella.
- While I dance, I cannot judge. I cannot hate. I cannot separate myself from life. And I can only be joyful and whole. That is why I dance.-Hans Bos
- You’ve never felt pain until you’ve walked in a dancer’s shoes
Ballet Hard Work Quotes
- Ballet is an incredibly difficult, beautiful art form that takes a lot of training, a lot of time, and a lot of hard work.
- Ballet technique is arbitrary and very difficult.- Agnes De Mille.
- Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty
- Dress classy, dance cheesy.
- I got kicked out of ballet class because I pulled a groin muscle … it wasn’t mine.
- So, I think I would say, enjoy the process of learning to dance. The process of our profession, and not its final achievement, is the heart and soul of dance.-Jacques d’Amboise
- Socrates learned to dance when he was seventy because he felt that an essential part of himself had been neglected.
- Sometimes in life confusion tends to arise and only dialogue of dance seems to make sense.
- The dance world is too small in lots of ways – it’s too intense, it rattles around itself, and it needs exposing to other ideas.- Siobhan Davies.
- The mechanics of épaulement are what gives ballet its inner transitions.- William Forsythe.
- The real American type can never be a ballet dancer. The legs are too long, the body too supple and the spirit too free for this school of affected grace and toe walking.
Unique Ballet Quotes
- And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music
- Ballet is a jealous god … demanding self-immolation that includes the sacrifice of personal love.
- Ballet is a perfect medium for the expression of spiritual love.- Ayn Rand.
- Ballet is a universe of the imagination, a place of magic and enchantment, beauty and romance.
- Dance design is not simply one element it is that without which ballet cannot exist.- Lincoln Kirstein.
- Dance is a timeless interpretation of life.
- Each time a dancer moves devoutly or a composer faithfully searches the silence for the veiled melodies, eternity is engaged.-Maya Angelou
- I do not know what the spirit of a philosopher could more wish to be than a good dancer. For the dance is his ideal
- Its many worlds vibrate with graceful dancers, glorious music, and sumptuous costumes.
- To dance is to be out of yourself.- Agnes De Mille.
- When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way.
Ballet Puns for Instagram
- But I’m closer than I was yesterday.
- Dance is the timeless interpretation of life. – Shah Asad Rizvi
- Dance to express, not impress.
- Dance to the moon and reach for the stars.
- Dancing in the rain like a sun in the dark.
- Either I win or I learn.
- I call it life.
- I love this quote about dreaming big and going for it — even if you fail with grace.
- I prepare my body for the day with a morning stretch session.#ballet
- In love there are two things—bodies and words. —Joyce Carol Oates
- Its more difficult to stay on the top than get there.
- Once a dancer, forever a dance.
- Passion are not found, they are developed.
- The artist is not a different kind of Persons, but every person is a different kind of artist.
- The truest expression of a people is in its dances and its music.
- The truest expression of a people is in its dances and its music. Bodies never lie.-Agnes de Mille
- Wind either breaks a tree or teaches it to dance..
- Without dance, what’s the point
Ballet Dance Captions
- A lot of people insisted on a wall between modern dance and ballet. I’m beginning to think that walls are very unhealthy things.
- Ballet is a framed painting with legs.
- Ballet is a jealous god … demanding a self-immolation that includes the sacrifice of personal love.
- Ballet is created on beautiful lines and shapes. If what you hear and what you see mesh, there’s a very thrilling experience.
- Ballet is the fairies’ baseball.
- Ballet is very lifted and weightless but for the quality of movement to be at my best I try to think more grounded because the up is easier for me than the down and there is a big necessity for opposition in the dance.
- I wonder if you’d like to do a little ballet with me. A polka, perhaps. For some elephants.
- If nobody comes to your shows, then it’s modern dance. If everybody comes to your shows and no one likes it, is that ballet I don’t know.
- The ballet embodies the notes of music. And sometimes you almost feel like you can see the notes dance up there on the stage.
- There should not need to be a synopsis in the program. The movements and the music should express everything the audience needs to know.
- To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there’s no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other.
- What’s so wonderful about ballet is that it’s mind-driven physicality. It’s almost a Greek ideal of body, mind, and form.
- You go to the ballet and you see girls dancing on their tiptoes. Why don’t they just get taller girls
- Your muscle structure and your bones have to be groomed from a very young age. Nobody wakes up at 17 and decides to become a ballet dancer.
Ballet Captions For Instagram
- All ballet galas are unbearable, but they’re unbearable in different ways.
- Any kind of dancing is better than no dancing at all. – Lynda Barr
- Cheaper than dance therapy.
- Dance is a physical exercise.
- Dance is for expression, not for fascination.
- Dance like no one is watching – because they’re not, they’re checking their phones.
- Dance to your own rhythm.
- Dances looked beautiful in Pose.
- Dancing in the moonlight. Everybody’s feeling warm and bright.
- Dancing is the closest thing to magic.
- Every talent requires not just a sparkle, but tons of hard work.
- I may not be there yet.
- If something stands between you and your success, move it.
- In ballet, a complicated story is impossible to tell we can’t dance synonyms.
- It takes an athlete to dance, but an artist to be a dancer.
- It’s just a question of balance.
- Let your soul free and spirit fly.
- Life is better when you dance…
- Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass…it’s about learning to dance in the rain.
- Life would have been better if we wore more tattoos.
- Move over and let me dance.
- My power is dancing in the heels.
- No standing, only dancing.
- She danced all night and all the way home.
- Soar like a bird in the sky.
- The dancer has the universe in his mind, soul and legs.
- The International Theater Institute, we give you the freedom of dance. Thanks a bundle.
- This is pure perfection from her hands all the way down to her toes.
- Toe shoes #ballet
- Without music, I dance oddly.